Industrial electrical motors represents the single largest end use of electricity in the United States. The Department of Energy recently estimated that 25 percent of the electricity sold is consumed by industrial electric motors. These motors are used to power production processes and heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
Baldor understands the impact of electric motor energy efficiency to the "bottom line". Eighteen years ago in 1983, Baldor debuted the premium efficient Super E motor line, an industry first. Since then Baldor has maintained the lead in providing the most energy efficient electric motors and drives in the industry.
The efficiency level of Baldor motors exceeds the
* Depending on horsepower, Baldor Super-E® motors can reduce electricity use by up to 9%.
* Standard three-year warranty. Exceeds EPAct standards.
* Initial purchase price represents less than three percent of the lifetime cost of a motor.
* Electricity usage represents the remaining percentage, thus efficiency is critical to long-term economical operation.
* Fits requirements contributing to rebates or incentives offered by more than 30 utilities in the U.S.
* Installing proper drives increases savings potential.